What to expect
Initial evaluation goes anywhere from 1 hour to 1 hour and 30 minutes where as follow up visits can range from 30 minutes - 1 hour. A simple medical history form will be required for you to fill out and so we can better assess your current condition. We view your condition with a holistic approach and expect you to answer detailed questions about your diet and sleep. We will explain your treatment plan and what to expect from the treatment. As your acupuncture session comes to an end, we will discuss helpful take home information pertaining to your condition that can assist your healing away from the clinic and schedule your next appointment.
How should I prepare for treatment?
- Arrive 5-10 minutes earlier to unwind and relax.
- Wear loose fitting or comfortable clothes that can be rolled above to your knees and elbows to better access the acupuncture points.
- Please do not come to acupuncture on an empty stomach, but do avoid eating a heavy meal one hour prior to treatment.
- Click Here to download and fill out the form to assist faster procedures.
- Please bring a your insurance ID card along with a photo ID.
How many sessions do I need?
Acute Conditions generally will take a few treatments to resolve.
Chronic Conditions will take longer and will depend on the person. Optimal results occurs with 2 - 3 treatments for three weeks. When you experience results, we will slowly decrease the treatments to 1 - 2 treatments per week, and eventually taper off. Because each treatment builds on the last, I expect you to feel slowly yet progressively better with each treatment. After condition stabilizes or symptoms do not reappear one treatment every one to two weeks will be sufficient to consolidate the progress.
Does insurance cover acupuncture?
Certain Insurance covers acupuncture. Please have your insurance ready and give us a call so we can verify your coverage.
Schedule your appointment online or call 646-481-9795 to schedule with our staff.